Adolescent Medicine: State of the Art Reviews (AM:STARs) is the official publication of the American Academy of Pediatrics Section on Adolescent Health. AM:STARs is a series of clinical reviews that detail advances in the diagnosis and management of a wide range of health problems affecting adolescents.
Edited by the AAP Section on Adolescent Health, AM:STARs helps you stay up-to-date in key areas of current adolescent clinical practice. This widely respected resource continues to deliver practice-focused, useful information you won't see anywhere else.
Articles in this issue:
- The role of the health care professional in curbing violence
- Assessing and treating youth violence in the primary care setting
- Violence and mental health; trauma-informed practice and wellness approach to violence victimization
- Adolescent relationship abuse prevention and intervention
- Social media, cyberbulling, and adolescent health
- Media use and violence perpetration
- Substance abuse and violence
- Promoting resilience for youth who are violence involved
- Firearm risk; assessment and intervention in the health care setting
- Building an evidence-based multi-tiered system of support for violence prevention in the health care setting
- Treating youth violence in the hospital and emergency department settings